What Causes Truck Accidents to Happen?
Large commercial trucks and semis are a common site on highways throughout Kentucky and the rest of the country. Yet, despite federal and state driving rules designed to keep drivers in all vehicles safe, truck accidents are still a common occurrence because of carelessness and negligence such as:
- Driving while fatigued
- Not logging hours properly
- Texting and driving
- Distracted driving
- Failing to properly maintain a vehicle
- Failing to yield to other traffic
- Cutting off other vehicles
- Unsafe driving practices in construction areas
- Failing to evenly balance trailer cargo
- Ignoring recall notices
- Failing to inspect vehicles for tire defects or balding tires
Uncovering the Truth for Our Louisville Clients
Victims of truck accidents and their families turn to the experienced personal injury attorneys at Morris & Player PLLC in Louisville because we work tirelessly for our clients after an accident. We believe in painting a clear picture of what happened by:
- Looking at signs of driver fatigue, distraction or other forms of negligence
- Determining who was liable
- Sending out litigation holds on vehicle equipment
- Hiring consultants, such as mechanics and regulators
- Hiring accident reconstructionists
- Traveling to meet clients at home or in the hospital to get their side of the story
- Meeting with doctors to discuss the extent of a client’s injuries
- Collecting hospital bills and records
- Filing a lawsuit and advocating on behalf of our clients
Our lawyers know how to identify the liable parties in a truck accident case, whether it’s a driver, mechanic, construction company, trucking company, vehicle manufacturer, parts manufacturer or a combination of these parties.
Put Our Services to Work for You
There are many things that can cause a truck driver to collide with another vehicle. When this happens, you can rest assured that the attorneys at Morris & Player PLLC will use every resource at our disposal to uncover the truth and seek maximum compensation for you and your family.
For help with your injury or wrongful death claim, call our law firm toll free at 800-501-0431 or contact us online to arrange a free consultation today.